o make Turkish coffee, you will need the following ingredients:
- Coffee beans
- Sugar (optional)
- A small pot called a cezve or ibrik
- Begin by grinding the coffee beans very finely. The grind should be similar to that of powdered sugar.
- Measure out the desired amount of water and add it to the cezve or ibrik.
- Add sugar to the pot if desired, and bring the water to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add the ground coffee.
- Stir the mixture well and return the pot to the heat.
- Bring the coffee to a simmer and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes. Do not let it boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for another minute.
- Carefully pour the coffee into small cups, making sure to pour the foam on top of each cup.
- Enjoy your Turkish coffee with a glass of cold water.
Note: A traditional way of preparing Turkish coffee is to put the coffee pot on the sand and put some hot charcoal on the bottom of the pot. This way the heat is more evenly distributed and the coffee is cooked more delicately.