Cold brew coffee is a simple and easy way to make a delicious and refreshing coffee drink. Here’s a basic recipe for making cold brew coffee:
- 1 cup (240 grams) coarsely ground coffee beans
- 4 cups (960 milliliters) cold water
- In a large jar or pitcher, combine the ground coffee and cold water. Stir to make sure all the grounds are fully saturated.
- Cover the jar or pitcher and let it sit at room temperature for at least 12 hours, or up to 24 hours for a stronger brew.
- After the desired brew time, use a fine-mesh strainer or coffee filter to strain the coffee concentrate into a separate container. Discard the grounds.
- To serve, mix the cold brew concentrate with cold water or milk to taste. You can also add ice to make it extra cold and refreshing.
- You can also add sweetener or flavor of your choice to make it more delicious.
Note: You can also use cold brew coffee bag or a coffee sock instead of strainer or coffee filter for straining the coffee.